Last Updated: August 7, 2017
- What Information Do We Gather?
- Information that You Give Us
We receive, store and process information, including Personal Information, that you make available to us when accessing or using our Websites and Singular Sound Services. Examples include when you: (i) fill in any form on the Websites, such as when you register or update the details of your user account, or when you supply identification and other verification information; (ii) access or use the Websites, such as to make requests for or accept Singular Sound Services, order and pay for Singular Sound Products or Singular Sound Services, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other user; (iii) link your account on a third party site (e.g. Facebook) to your Singular Sound or Authorized Dealer Account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the third party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party site and authorized by you, and; (iv) communicate with Singular Sound. Some of this information may comprise “Demographic Information,” defined as information that you submit, or that we collect, that is not Personal Information; this may include, but is not limited to, zip code, hometown, gender, username, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, and registration history information.
- Information We Get from Your Use of Our Websites
We receive, store and process information, possibly including Personal Information, when you access or use our Websites. When you use certain features of the Websites we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g. IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g. GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Websites or specific features of the Websites). If you do not want your computer or device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your computer or device, provided your computer or device allows you to do this. See your computer or device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
We may also receive, store and process information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Websites, regardless of whether you are registered with Singular Sound or logged in to your Singular Sound or Authorized Dealer Account, such as your IP address, the date and time you access or use the Websites, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
- Cookies and Tracking
We may, either directly or indirectly, also continue to track your behavior on our own Websites for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, as well as to enable you to use and access the Websites and pay for your activities on the Websites. We may also, either directly or through third parties we engage to provide services to us, track your behavior on our own Websites to market and advertise our services to you on the Websites and third party websites.
- How Do We Use Information that You Provide or Make Available?
We use, store and process information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Websites;
- to enable you to communicate with other Customers or Singular Sound, including but not limited to by sending messages or other information;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Websites, Singular Sound’s business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Websites, such as detection and prevention of actual and potential fraud and other harmful activity, conducting investigations and risk assessments, enforcing our Terms and policies;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your settings (in the “Account” section) when you login to your Singular Sound or Authorized Dealer Account or by other opt-out features provided from time to time on the Websites or through communications sent to you by us; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Websites for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, the Websites may scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make searching, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. By using the Websites, you consent that Singular Sound, in its sole discretion, may review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
- When Do We Disclose or Share Your Personal Information, and to Whom?
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
- Where applicable, parts of your public profile page that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Websites to other users for marketing purposes or if you post content in a community forum or other features on the Websites that are visible to the general public;
- Where applicable, the Websites may allow your public profile pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public profile pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results. This option is enabled by default, and you may opt out of this feature by changing your settings on the Websites. If you change your settings or the information on your public profile pages, third party search engines may not update their databases quickly or at all. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing outdated information, including any information indexed by the search engine before you change your settings or the information on your public profile or public Listing pages;
- If you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Websites;
- We may also engage third parties including but not limited to technology services and services to help verify your identification, to conduct checks against databases such as but not limited to public government databases (where legally allowed), to otherwise assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, to serve targeted ads, and to facilitate the payments or refunds. We may provide Personal Information about you to these third parties, or give them access to this Personal Information, for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. We will ensure that such third parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes; and
- Securing Your Personal Information
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
- Your Privacy When You Access Third Party Websites and Resources
- COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Singular Sound does not specifically market to children under 13 and, to be certain, as set forth in Singular Sound’s Terms of Service, the Websites is intended for use only by those over the age of 18.
- Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we exercise our best and reasonable efforts to notify all affected Customers within seven (7) days should a material data breach occur.
- CAN-SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions;
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders;
- Send you additional information related to our products and services; and
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters;
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
- Allow users to unsubscribe or opt-out by using the link at the bottom of each email or other communication and through your Singular Sound or Authorized Dealer Account, where applicable.